[Mailman-Users] /etc/aliases and new lists?

Michael Styer mas at codix.net
Tue Feb 5 16:14:22 CET 2002

Hi there,

Just a quick question regarding the interaction of mailman and
/etc/aliases.

I'm building a system to automate the creation of new mailman lists based
on information in a database, and I'm doing this by calling the newlist
script. I was under the impression that creating a new list this way did
everything necessary to create the list, but I've just had someone suggest
to me that my script will need to edit /etc/aliases as well in order for
the list to function properly.

Is this true?

If so, can anyone explain what I would need to add to /etc/aliases for
each list in order to make them function correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

mike

Michael Styer		mas at codix.net
phone: 020 7603 5723	107 Shepherd's Bush Rd
fax: 020 7603 2504	London W6 7LP