[Mailman-Users] external data store/setting and changing member passwords

Michael Styer mas at codix.net
Fri Feb 1 11:55:40 CET 2002

Hi there,

I was just reading through the archives from December and I came across a
mention that in MM2.1, it will be/is possible to store list member
information in an external datastore, eg. an SQL database.

This would be a big help to me, because I'd like to be able to set and
change the passwords for list members programmatically from another
database, and currently I can't see any way of doing that using the
existing Mailman interface scripts.

So, I have two questions:

1) Can someone confirm that storing member data, eg. passwords, in an
external SQL database will be possible in MM2.1?

2) Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might go about setting the
password for users added programmatically to lists, rather than having
Mailman choose arbitrary passwords itself?

Thanks for your help.

mas

Michael Styer		mas at codix.net
phone: 020 7603 5723	107 Shepherd's Bush Rd
fax: 020 7603 2504	London W6 7LP