[Mailman-Users] AOL subscribers and mailman?

Lynn Calvin lcalvin at interaccess.com
Fri Feb 1 05:10:30 CET 2002

At 10:56 PM 1/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
>sean pambianco wrote:
>
> > Are there any known issues regarding aol subscribers to mailman lists?
>
>     The only problems I've ever run up again with AOL users are that 99%
>of them post in HTML format and don't know, or can not turn it off, and
>the level of spam also tends to increase a bit.
We've only got a week and a half of mailman, (just converted 11,000 total
subscribers on160 different lists) but our AOL subscribers are
*profoundly*  grateful for no-mime digests which are very clean compared to
listproc's, which we were using previously.

--
Lynn Calvin
lcalvin at interaccess.com
listmgr at uua.org (as part of the list management  volunteer team).