[Mailman-Users] No module named korean

Warren Woodward scratch at xmission.com
Tue Dec 31 22:39:35 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 03:23:28PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Could folks who are having these "no korean package" problems please
> try the following configure script?
>
> If I'm right about the problem, this should bomb out with an error
> pretty early on.  If it does, please install the python-devel package
> and see if that fixes your problems.

It did:

_____

[root at home mailman-2.1rc1]# ./configure
checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... (cached) /usr/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.2.1
checking that Python has distutils... configure: error:

***** Distutils is not available or is incomplete for /usr/bin/python
***** If you installed Python from RPM (or other package manager)
***** be sure to install the -devel package, or install Python
***** from source.  See README.LINUX for details

_____

I'll compile Python from source in a bit here and try again.

--
warren woodward
XMission DSL
warrenw at xmission.com
(801) 303-0819
(877) XMISSION

"The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war."
			-JFK, American University, June 10, 1963