[Mailman-Users] No module named korean

Warren Woodward warrenw at xmission.com
Tue Dec 31 18:53:20 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 12:39:54PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> - Are you using the standard Python from RH8 or did you build it from
>   source?

Standard Python from RH 8.0.

> - If your Python comes from an RPM, did you install just the standard
>   package or did you also install the devel package?

I didn't intentionally install the devel package.  I don't believe it's
there (can't check at the moment).

> - Do you see any other errors from a "make install" of Mailman 2.1?
>   Look very carefully, especially where the distutils packages are
>   being installed.

Not that I can see.  Here's a tee of it:

http://home.thescratchpad.net/mminstall.txt

> - Does your /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib have both a korean subdir and
>   a korean.pth file?

It has neither.  In fact, it's quite empty (hadn't noticed that before).
Note also that RH (for whatever reason) uses /var/mailman as the default
install path, so I built the upgrade to use the same.  I attempted an
alternate installation in the /usr/local/mailman/, but obviously, had the
same error.

--
warren woodward
XMission DSL
warrenw at xmission.com
(801) 303-0819
(877) XMISSION

"The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war."
			-JFK, American University, June 10, 1963