[Mailman-Users] sync_members errors

NOW Website Coordinator webperson at now.org
Mon Dec 30 00:12:43 CET 2002

I'm using 2.1 and I can't get sync_members to work.  I get either:

If I use:

sync_members -f /home/lists/testing.txt list-name

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 258, in main
     s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'enc' referenced before assignment

or with different lists:

sync_members -f /home/lists/email-test.txt now-test-list

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 275, in main
     name = mlist.getMemberName(laddr) or ''
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 128, in
getMemberName
     self.__assertIsMember(member)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 113, in
__assertIsMember
     raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
Mailman.Errors.NotAMemberError: admin at now.org

Any help would be appreciated.  The format of the first is just one email
address per line, the format of the second file is an email address with a
space and then a comma.

Neither seem to make any changes to the lists.

Thanks.

Sarah Stapleton-Gray
Web Site Coordinator
National Organization for Women