[Mailman-Users] Re: Any change?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Sun Dec 29 21:33:13 CET 2002

    JC> It's not likely that Mailman will run easily on Windows in the
    JC> near future.  Windows is closed source and Mailman is Open
    JC> Source.  While the two can mix, it's just not that easy with
    JC> Microsoft doing everything they can to stifle Open Source.

There's lots of open source and free software that runs on Windows, so
there's nothing fundamentally incompatible about the two.  However, I
am personally Windows-free at the moment and don't have a lot of
motivation to port Mailman to Windows on my own.  Two ways to change
could be for someone to contribute changes required to run under
Windows, or to fund a porting effort.

-Barry