[Mailman-Users] How many is too many?

Kyle Rhorer rhorer at swbell.net
Fri Dec 27 18:01:54 CET 2002

On Friday 27 December 2002 01:03, The Berean wrote:
> I'm doing some research in an attempt to find the
> ceiling on how many users I can have on a Mailman
> powered listserv.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but you used the term "listserv" eight
times in your note.  Listserv is a registered trademark for mailing
list manager software by Lsoft Inc.  I believe the generic term you
were looking for is "list server".

I have no connection with Lsoft and have never used their software.  I
just feel it's important to make the distinction between their
commercial software and the freeware Mailman.  Of course we all know
Mailman is better! :)

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question about the practical limit
on the size of an interactive list.  I imagine it depends largely on
how active the subscribers are.

Kyle
--
Since the general civilizations of mankind, I believe there are more
instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual