[Mailman-Users] Passwords of members

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Dec 27 16:45:16 CET 2002

The other interesting thing I found is that once I log into a list as the SITE
ADMIN, if I go to change the list admin's password, I can put anything into:

Enter new password:

Then, I can put something different into:

 Confirm new password:

I can then proceed to click Submit Your Changes, and I receive NO error that the
password I put in and the confirmation of that password are different.  It acts
like it's trying to submit, but then, just returns me back to the top of the
list admin page for the list.

I also notice that if I put some bogus password into
the Enter Current Password fied at the bottom, and hit submit, I get:

Error: Incorrect administrator password

displayed at the top of the page.  That tells me that the list thinks it has
some list admin password set... but, there's no way to figure out what it is?

Steve
teve
steve410 at cs.jhu.edu