[Mailman-Users] Mailman rejects one list name

Grant preyforme at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 26 17:35:20 CET 2002

Greetings.

I have a rather perplexing problem... I've read the documentation... and
I've spoken with someone I consider to be an experienced Mailman admin with
no luck.

I have a RH 8.0 server. It is running Apache w/ a virtual domain, Postfix
with a canonical and virtual domain, and Mailman.

The normal domain, for this e-mail, will be "abc.org" while the virtual
domain is "123.org".

I can create and use a mailman list using any name other than "123" (the
name of the virtual domain).

The list 123 creates without problem, however, when I try to log in via
/mailman/admin/123/ I get the request for password, but it refuses to log me
in. Checking the error_log for apache gives me this:

[error] [client w.x.y.z] Premature end of script headers: admin, referer:
http://abc.org/mailman/admin/123/
[info] (104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to
the network

The reason I'm writing to this list instead of apache... is that any other
mailing list works perfectly.

Help? Anyone?

Grant