[Mailman-Users] Postfix 2- Mailman 2.1 problems

David david at gof.se
Thu Dec 26 12:13:39 CET 2002

Dear gurus,

I upgraded to Postfix 2.0.0.1 and Mailman 2.1rc1 today. I ran in to some
problems. Below is a maillog output from my test list. There is only one
subscriber to this list and that is davidspam at gof.se

I have the same problem on my real lists. Postfix tries to mail a lot of
strange addresses and add the word 'relay' to most domains with the result
that mail is not delivered.

Postfix works perfect if I don't use it with Mailman. I upgraded Postfix
when I had Mailman 2.1b5 installed, and at that point I got the problems.
I then tried to fix my problems with an upgrade to 2.1rc1 with no result.

I also tried to downgrade Postfix but the problems remain.

HELP!

 Blue Skies,
 /David

Dec 26 11:52:42 www postfix/qmgr[5773]: DBC4B10E67: to=<- at gof.se>,
relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (invalid recipient syntax: "- at gof.se")
Dec 26 11:52:42 www postfix/local[8298]: DBC4B10E67: to=<n at gof.se>,
relay=local, delay=1, status=bounced (unknown user: "n")
Dec 26 11:52:42 www postfix/local[8340]: DBC4B10E67: to=<smtp at gof.se>,
relay=local, delay=1, status=bounced (unknown user: "smtp")
Dec 26 11:52:42 www postfix/local[8341]: DBC4B10E67: to=<unix at gof.se>,
relay=local, delay=1, status=bounced (unknown user: "unix")
Dec 26 11:52:43 www postfix/smtp[8222]: DBC4B10E67:
to=<davidspam at gof.serelay>, relay=none, delay=1, status=bounced (Name
service error for gof.serelay: Host not found)