What's hanging up mailman? [was Re: [Mailman-Users] elusive qrunner PID]

Stephen Lu stevelu at amamedia.org
Sat Dec 21 22:45:12 CET 2002

Ah, thanks. I tried what you suggested, and it returned nothing. So I guess
qrunner is not running, which brings me back to the problem. (I had looked
it up in FAQ, and I thought the problem was with qrunner).

Sendmail is in a loop trying to send a message out to a number of
subscribers. The other sides are rejecting it because "Sender address
rejected: Domain not found". We are in the process of switching our server
but keeping the same domain name. The list has been moved to the new
machine, but the machine's IP address hasn't been registered under the
domain yet. I imagine that's why the other side is rejecting the sender
address.

So Sendmail just kept trying and trying, and I can't send any new messages
out over the list. New messages just get stacked in qfiles.

So I've cleared out all files in qfiles and in locks, but Sendmail is still
on a mission. How do I make it stop?

Thanks for helping out this newbie to the Unix world.