[Mailman-Users] Newbie question - tweaking Mailman and .py files

Doug Brandon doug at corelis.com
Thu Dec 19 02:39:03 CET 2002

Like I said, I'm sure I was missing an obvious step.  :)  Thanks a lot Dan!

For the person that wanted to know how to get rid of the list address Cc in
personalized mode, this worked for me.  Go into Handlers/CookHeaders.py and
look for this section of code:

         if mlist.personalize == 2 and mlist.reply_goes_to_list <> 1:
             # Watch out for existing Cc headers, merge, and remove dups.  Note
             # that RFC 2822 says only zero or one Cc header is allowed.
             new = []
             d = {}
             for pair in getaddresses(msg.get_all('cc', [])):
                 add(pair)
             i18ndesc = uheader(mlist, mlist.description)
             add((str(i18ndesc), mlist.GetListEmail()))
             del msg['Cc']
             msg['Cc'] = COMMASPACE.join([formataddr(pair) for pair in new])

Just comment out the last line, and restart the daemon.