[Mailman-Users] Unusual problem configuring mailman 2.1b6

Benas Adomavicius benas at transtrado.lt
Wed Dec 18 16:05:15 CET 2002

Hi all,

Calling for help from you as it seems I have run out of ideas. Basic issue
is as follows: installed mailman 2.1b6 from an rpm on Mandrake 9.0 system
with postfix. Updated Python (using 2.2.14) to include distutils package.
Mailman installs fine, no errors reported. Web administration interface
works like a charm. When trying to send messages to test list, they
accumulate inside "in" directory. Attempts to run qrunner manually have
resulted in following error:

# /usr/bin/python -S /var/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 89, in ?
    from Mailman.Handlers import HandlerAPI
  File
"/home/vdanen/tmp/mailman-buildroot/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hand
lerAPI.py", line 26, in ?
ImportError: No module named pythonlib.StringIO

By the way there is no such directory as "/home/vdanen" on my system. I have
gone so far as to extract pythonlib.StringIO.py from an older mailman2.0.13
rpm package and placed it in /var/lib/mailman/pythonlib. However qrunner
keeps on returning this message.  I would appreciate any clues or ideas you
might have.

Sincerely,
Ben