[Mailman-Users] help with email commands

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Dec 17 21:39:14 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 15:20, fish wrote:
> =========
>
> I am using apache, exim and mailman 2.0.13. I was under the impression that
> if the password was not included, that a verifying message would be sent by
> the list and that the email address would be picked up automatically if sent
> from the actual address. If this is indeed the case, what do I need to do to
> fix this, and if not, is this fixed in a newer version?

Not sure where you got that idea.  In mailman 2.0.13, the only way to
unsubscribe via email is to use the password.  The only way to have the
password mailed to you is via the web interface.  Mailman 2.0.x isn't
really designed to be run without the web interface used at least some
of the time.

--Jeremy