[Mailman-Users] HELP! Getting different Import Error: python2.2/lib-dynload/_socket.so: bad ELF flags value: 256

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Dec 13 17:09:33 CET 2002

root at sun(~)> python -V
Python 2.1
root at sun(~)>

As you can see, the version of python is 2.1, and yes, the version we tried, but
got the error with, was 2.2.2.

>From the 2.1 README file:

This is Python version 2.1

Copyright (c) 2001 Python Software Foundation.
All rights reserved.

Copyright (c) 2000 BeOpen.com.
All rights reserved.

Copyright (c) 1995-2001 Corporation for National Research Initiatives.
All rights reserved.

Copyright (c) 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum.
All rights reserved.