[Mailman-Users] HELP: server name in admin messages

Marcelo Assis sema.marcelo at telemigcelular.com.br
Thu Dec 12 18:36:45 CET 2002

Folks,

Hi!

i posted this question yesterday, but got absolutely no response, and since
we have our server currently stopped because of this, i will ask again to
see if any kindred spirit might be able to offer us a little help.....

The problem is we have configured a "virtual domain" for mailman, reflecting
a hostname
pointing to the mailman machine. It now seems that mailman uses the machiens
primary name in the URL included in the mails it sends out (administrative
messages - subscribes, unsubscribes, etc).

Example:
Mailman is installed on a server www.domain1.com, but the lists should work
with www.domain2.com. The list is accepting requests on the
request at domain2.com, BUT, all the admin messages are sent out with urls
pointing to www.domain1.com/mailman/etc.

How can we get the per list configured name there? How can we configure all
server messages to use the list domain instead of the other one???

We greatly appreciate any kind of help!

thanks in advance,

marcelo