[Mailman-Users] how to accept posts from everyone?

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Thu Dec 12 15:25:37 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 13:34, John Buttery wrote:
> * "Gustavo J. A. M.  Carneiro" <gjc at inescporto.pt> [2002-12-12 13:20:20 +0000]:
> >   Right now, it only accepts messages from a restric list of senders.
> > Others are held for approval. I need to automatically accept
> > *everything*; the ML should be completely open.
>
>   Not to be a sourpuss, but every mailing list I've ever been on that
> did that, I unsubscribed from due to spam and viral attachments
> eventually.  Just FYI...be careful.

  This is not a public mailing-list. It is private.
  To be more precise, what I want is to connect my private mailman ML to
another, public one. This is the scenario:
	1. someone sends mail to the public list (which I don't manage);
	2. the public list brodcasts the message, and since the private ML
address is subscribed to the public list, a copy of the message is sent
to the private ML address;
	3. the private ML manager (mailman) receives the message; however, the
From: field is set to someone at somedomain.com, so the message is help for
approval.

  So, I need to disable access control completely. However, if there's a
better alternative to solve this problem, I'm interested!

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>