[Mailman-Users] help needed: "GID change" message

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 10 22:39:50 CET 2002

This is an FAQ item.  The message you are getting means that your mail
server is set to use GroupID 516.  When you setup Mailman you told it
that your mail server was using GroupID 12 (or you left it to the
default and it found a GID called "mail" that was set to 12).

You can either change the GroupID that your MTA uses to 12, or you can
re-install mailman and use the following:
  ./configure  --with-mail-gid=516

This will install Mailman and set it to allow members of group 516 to
access the mail wrapper program.

Good luck - Jon Carnes