[Mailman-Users] Moved to a new host; two minor(ish) problems

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Tue Dec 10 16:58:22 CET 2002

The power supply on my Mailman (among other things) server died a couple
weeks ago and I decided to move it to a new host, as this was not the first
hardware trouble the old one had experienced.  Lists appear to be working,
but I have discovered two problems:

1)  List admin passwords seem to have been forgotten.  I can still access the
admin interface by using the site password, but the admin passwords for the
individual lists no longer work.  I know I can reset the list passwords using
the site password, so this is mostly just an annoyance.

2)  Private archives appear to be broken.  After authenticating and getting
the list's archives page, clicking on the desired archive returns to the
authetication page, which then brings me back to the list's archives page.
(Yes, I'm accepting the cookie and have verified in Mozilla's "Cookie
Manager" dialog that a listname:archive cookie is present.)

The mailman installation (on both the old and new hosts) is the latest Debian
stable version, 2.0.11.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that