[Mailman-Users] Mailman install help.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 01:14:33 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 17:05, Ed Mitchell wrote:

> I am trying to install the latest version of mailman on my server site.
> My site is running Red hat Linux and remotely I am running XP-Pro.  Can
> anyone give me some tips to install Mailman,  It looks like I need to be
> on the local server to do so.

Yes.  You also need root access (or a sympathetic admin to do some tasks
for you)

The best way to access a remote server is via Secure Shell.  If your
server is running the SSHD then you need a SSH client.  One of the best
for the windows world is cygwin.  You can easily find it (using google)
and download it to your local XP box.

You can either set it up via RPM (but then follow the release notes for
the RPM), or via source.  To install via source, download the tarball to
your server and expand it, then read the INSTALL file and then the
INSTALL.RedHat file (or something like that).