[Mailman-Users] src.gz on RH6.2 to RPM on RH7.3 upgrade whoes

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 18:12:08 CET 2002

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm new to the list, and if this is  a FAQ, simply point me in the
right direction and I'll float away.

I'm upgrading my web server from RH6.2 with Apache and Mailman build from
source to RH7.3 using the RPMS.  I've copied the relevent sections of
/etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/shadow, /home and /var/spool/mail without
problems.

I've amended /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to match the settings from the
original box.  The various DocumentRoot's for my virtual hosts are inside
/home

Similarly with /var/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py and copied
/home/mailman/archive and /home/mailman/lists to /var/mailman/.

Apache starts without problems, and my various virtualhosts work fine - using
static files, PHP and perl based CGI's.

The problem I have is that when I try to access my mailmain installation, I
get HTTP error 500 Internal error and in the error log I get:

[Tue Dec  3 16:44:46 2002] [error] [client 10.1.1.89] Premature end of script
headers: /var/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

I've run check_db on each of my lists without problems reported
I've run check_perms without problems reported
One thing I did find was that when I ran dumpdb on one of my lists' config
files, it's got the old /home/mailman path listed for the 'archive_directory'
entry.

Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this, or at least collect more info as to
why it's failing.

ta

--
Gary Stainburn