[Mailman-Users] Re: Having trouble

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Dec 5 00:46:27 CET 2002

We can't help you without details.

What version of Mailman are you running?
What are you using for your mail transport (MTA)?
What is your OS?
Is this a new install or an existing install that was working?
Have you checked your logs to see what is going on:
  MTA logs (/var/log/maillog)
  Mailman logs (~mailman/logs/..)

As an absolute WAG with no info, take a look at the mail in your
~mailman/gfiles/.. directory.  If your install used to work, then you
may have a malformed message in the directory - or a message that is
over size for your MTA to handle.

If that is the case, you can quickly get things moving again by moving
those files over to a temporary directory.  If that unclogs things then
you can move some of the files till you figure out which one was causing
the problem (keeping in mind that it could be multiples).  In general
you might want to delete any of the messages that look like spam.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

===