[Mailman-Users] Batch add w/names?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Aug 30 15:19:07 CEST 2002

    BWK> I'm moving lists at my site from listproc to mailman. Some of
    BWK> the old list owners like the ability to associate the e-mail
    BWK> address with a real name. Since 2.1 has this feature, I've
    BWK> tried to batch subscribe members with their names without
    BWK> success. Is there syntax I'm missing[...?]

Yes, and it needs to be better documented on the mass subscribe page
(feel free to lodge an SF bug report so I don't forget).

Enter the addresses like so:

aperson at example.com (Anne Person)
bdude at example.com (Brian D. Ude)

etc...

Actually, any format recognized by email.Utils.parseaddr() is
acceptable:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-email.Utils.html

so

Anne Person <aperson at example.com>