[Mailman-Users] Another Postfix/Mailman post but not a GID problem.

Randy Romero splat at fury.to
Tue Aug 27 23:00:28 CEST 2002

Mailman gurus,
  Hope someone can help.

Solaris 9
postfix 1.1.11
mailman 2.0.13

::postfix main.cf entries::
alias_database = dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = dbm:/home/mailman/aliases

As the mailman user I compiled with the following flags:

#export MAILHOST=some.mailhost.com
#export WWWHOST=some.wwwhost.com
#./configure --with-mail-gid=102 --with-cgi-gid=60001 \
--with-username=mailman --with-groupname=mailman

did all other installation steps...ie mmsitepass, crontab, etc, etc

#cp /etc/postfix/aliases ~
#postalias ~/aliases

installation appears to be fine, but when I send email to the test list it
seems to vanish.

I can see the mail hit postfix with no problem

Aug 27 16:49:21 alcatraz postfix/local[203]: [ID 197553 mail.info]
68E167EC7A: to=<test-admin at foo.us>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent
("|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test")

I also see several messages in /home/mailman/qfiles, and I've run the
qrunner command with no results.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I've looked at the docs
several times and I'm at a point where I'm stumped.  I've looked at the
archives over and over, but haven't found anything that describes this
situation.  Any and all help (not flames) are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Randy Romero