[Mailman-Users] /var/log/mailman files

Charles Sebold sebold at lcms.org
Tue Aug 27 14:32:12 CEST 2002

On 19 Elul 5762, Kenneth Jacker wrote:

> Looking in my /var/log/mailman directory, I see file names such as:
>
> 	error
> 	error.1
> 	error.1.1
> 	error.1.1.1
> 	error.1.1.1.1
> 	error.1.1.1.1.1

This probably indicates a problem with your logrotate scripts (that's
what bumps logfiles with numbers, and optionally compresses them).  Not
sure where they are in RedHat but in Debian they're in /etc/logrotate* .
--
Charles Sebold        K'tivah V'chatimah Tovah        19th of Elul, 5762
LCMS - Office of Information Systems             http://tsdocs.lcms.org/