[Mailman-Users] Arabic Support + Full Customization

Isaac Claymore clay at dawning.com.cn
Tue Aug 27 07:48:36 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 05:50:49AM +0400, Bu Marwan wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I have two questions to ask,
>
> 1- Does the mailman list support Arabic E-mails? I mean if I have installed
> the system on my server and have setup a mailing list and got subscribers.
> Can I send an Arabic e-mail to them?
 I don't know about Arabic, but we've been running several lists with
 both English emails and Chinese ones, whose encoding system is no
 simpler than that of Arabic iirc. I simply changed 2 options in the
 mm_cfg.py: DEFAULT_CHARSET and VERBATIM_ENCODING.

> 2- Is the System fully custumizable? Can I customize the look and the text
> found in the subscribing pages, the confirmation e-mails, .. etc?
 Look into the directory <your_mm_dir>/templates ;)

Clay

--

Isaac Claymore                  /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Dawning Inc.                    \ /    Respect for open standards