[Mailman-Users] Postfix-style virtual domains

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Sat Aug 24 01:44:42 CEST 2002

I'm trying to set up mailman with Postfix-style virtual domains, but can't
get it working.  Rather, Mailman is working fine with the first domain,
but the others don't write their aliases to data/virtual-mailman, but to
data/aliases.  Therefore, I can't create, for example, a 'test' list on
both lists.default.dom and on lists.dom2.ain.  The stuff in my mm_cfg file
is below.  I originally tried it without using VIRTUAL_HOST or
VIRTUAL_HOSTS or add_virtualhost for the non-default domains, which didn't
work.  Adding either VIRTUAL_HOST or VIRTUAL_HOSTS entries caused errors -
in the case of VIRTUAL_HOSTS, a low-level error that couldn't generate a
traceback.

In my Postfix 'virtual' file, I have both domx.ain and lists.domx.ain
defined.  Mail to users I've defined at domx.ain (or to non-defined users,
because I set up an '@domx.ain' entry for each) is delivered properly,
while mail to @lists.domx.ain addresses is not, because I haven't created
any entries for such addressess (I intend them only to be for mailing
lists).

Please let me know if you've set up virtual domains in Postfix, and if you
can tell me how to do it.  Oh yes, and no data/virtual-mailman file
existed on my computer, so I created one and gave it the same permissions
as data/aliases.

Thank you again,

Greg Westin
greg at gregwestin.com

---
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'default.dom'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.default.dom'
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST,DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL = DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN % DEFAULT_URL_HOST
MAILMAN_OWNER = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE = 0
DEFAULT_ADMIN_IMMED_NOTIFY = 0
DEFAULT_ADMIN_NOTIFY_MCHANGES = 1
DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 0
DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER = 1
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.dom1.ain', 'lists.dom2.ain']
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/local/bin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/local/bin/postmap'

#VIRTUAL_HOSTS = {'lists.dom1.ain', 'lists.dom2.ain'}
add_virtualhost('lists.dom1.ain')
#VIRTUAL_HOST['lists.dom1.ain']
add_virtualhost('lists.dom2.ain')
#VIRTUAL_HOST['lists.dom2.ain']