[Mailman-Users] Separate Subscribe/Unsubscribe addresses

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Aug 22 07:36:55 CEST 2002

* Ed Greenberg <edg at greenberg.org> [20020822 07:45]: wrote:
> Mailman creates a -request address for each list, to which you send
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages (and others).
>
> Some other mailing list systems offer separate addresses for subscribe and
> unsubscribe functions, as well as a request address.  It's easier for the
> beginner to deal with such addresses, especially when the list is moving
> from such a system to a mailman hosted system.
>
> Has anybody implemented this in Mailman?

My understanding may not have been clear on this but I would try to alias
"such addresses" to the mailman aliases.

If I have mailman aliases like this:

geeks:                 "|/usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanstripwrapper post geeks"
geeks-admin:           "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner geeks"
geeks-request:         "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd geeks"
geeks-owner:           geeks-admin

I'll try this:

old-system-subscribe:  geeks-request
old-system:            geeks

NB: Just my opinion. I may not be necessarily correct.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |