[Mailman-Users] Mailman not connecting to MTA?

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Thu Aug 22 07:34:48 CEST 2002

After upgrading to 2.1b3, it seems that there's some problem with the
communication between Mailman and Postfix.  If I try sending an e-mail to
an admin of one of the lists, and watch the Postfix log, it records the
fact that the e-mail has been received and sent to the mail/mailman
script, but the script never sends an e-mail.  I think I set everything up
according to README.Postfix.  Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I also noticed that for some strange reason the defaults for
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST were set to my last name, which is
also a username on my computer.  I don't know why this would be, but I
noticed it when the membership management page wouldn't work, because the
links all referenced http://westin/mailman/...

I hope I didn't mess up this installation.

Thanks,

Greg Westin
greg at gregwestin.com