[Mailman-Users] Mailing issue

Dustin Reiner dreiner at cymfony.com
Wed Aug 21 23:21:45 CEST 2002

Since I searched the archives to no avail, I am sending my question to the
list.  Earlier today, sendmail began refusing connections due to high load.
The load was caused by a mailman python process running and consuming a lot
of CPU and memory resources (By a lot I mean it fluctuated from 8-90% CPU,
and 26% of memory).  I rebooted the server to reset the load average, and
everything worked fine once it came back up, except any email sent to
mailman lists.  I am using sendmail, and Mailman 2.0.12.  Emails sent to any
of the lists seem to *disappear*, i.e. no messages are returned to the user,
they are not queued for future delivery by sendmail, etc.  Any
help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.