[Mailman-Users] List Admin Bouncing Loop

Webmaster ST Frontier Fleet webmaster at frontierfleet.com
Wed Aug 21 13:16:36 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I recently got a loop in mailman and I was wondering if someone else has
had the same problem and knows how to fix it?

It might also be a bug in the software of course, but I only found a
bugreport and for an old version of mailman, so unfortunately I could
not use that patch.

The loop started when the account of one of the two list administrators
was filled. This account was also on the list itself.
So what happened was that a message got send to the list. The account
was full, so the message bounced to the admin address. The message got
send to the two list admins, however one account was full, causing the
initial bouncing, and bounced the message again.... to the list admin
addy... so the message got send to the two list admins again, but....
well, this is were it is looping. Causing about three bounces per minute
to be received by the other admin whose account was still operational.

Right now the Mailman version is 2.0.10 with automatic bounce processing
turned off.

So, if anyone knows about or has had the same problem, then I am
interested in hearing the solution, if there is one.

Kind regards,

Guido

PS: Note to *this* list's administrator(s): You can discard the previous
message, I accidentally hit the Send button too early... my apologies..
:-(