[Mailman-Users] long/short option in search refine

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 18:12:31 CEST 2002

At 15:56 20/08/2002 +0200, Roelf Schreurs wrote:
>Hi
>
>I changed my mailman/htdig and removed the option of  "Format"  with
>long/short. That working fine, but when I search and get the replies, I get
>the option to refine the search and the "Format" option is back.
>I can't find where to delete this.
>
>Anybody that can clear this up please?
>
>Thanks

On MM 2.0.13 you will want to (carefully) change the following string
variables in $prefix/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py: TOC_htsearch_template
and htdig_conf_template.

TOC_htsearch_template is used whenever the per list TOC page
($prefix/archives/private/<listname>/index.html) is rebuilt. This happens
regularly so do not expect to just edit the index.html file for a list and
have the changes stick.

htdig_conf_template is used to construct the per list htdig conf files at
$prefix/archives/private/<listname>/htdig/<listname>.conf. Once constructed
these files remain relatively static unless you run
$prefix/bin/blow_away_htdig.

On MM 2.1b3 things are, arguably, a little easier.

The template used to construct the per list TOC page is a separate text
file in $prefix/templates/<language>/TOC_htsearch.html. Well its in
$prefix/templates/en/TOC_htsearch.html and non-English speaking admins are
free to translate the contents of the English file to their mother tongue
and send it to me for incorporation into future versions of the 2.1 patch.

htdig_conf_template is still in $prefix/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py

Changing TOC_htsearch_template and htdig_conf_template produces a site wide
change which affects all new lists.

Changing TOC_htsearch_template will affect an existing list the next time
that $prefix/cron/nightly_htdig has to do something for the list (the
list's TOC page is rebuilt at that time) or the list's TOC page is rebuilt
for some other reason like the monthly archive rollover.

Changing htdig_conf_template will not affect an existing list unless and
until $prefix/bin/blow_away_htdig is run on that list.