[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1b3 + Htdig

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 17:26:32 CEST 2002

At 14:42 19/08/2002 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>* Richard Barrett <R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk> [20020819 14:23]: wrote:
> > At 20:30 17/08/2002 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >
> > >Is the configuration of htdig intergration for 2.1b3 any different than
> > >2.0.x ?
> >
> > Not as far as Mailman config variables are concerned.
> >
> > >I have done that but on test I get an error:
> > >
> > >beastie% sudo ./nightly_htdig -v
> > >Skipping htdig for list; no htdig setup: freebsd-geeks
> > >

> > Check whether the directory $prefix/archives/private/<listname>/htdig
> > exists and if so whether there is a file called <listname>.conf in it.
>

>It actually worked after I blew away everything and did things from scratch.
>I hate the methodology but it does work in experimental situations.

If the list was htidg searchable before you upgraded from MM 2.0.13 to
2.1b3 then you may have changed something so that there was no longer an
htdig subdirectory in the list's HTML archive directory post-upgrade that
was there pre-upgrade.

The message "Skipping htdig for list; no htdig setup: <listname>" is simply
saying that the $prefix/archives/private/<listname>/htdig directory doesn't
exist.

It is this same test that tells the patched code whether the htdig stuff
associated with a list has already been created when messages for the list
are archived. If that stuff hasn't then it is created at that time.

The normal process of upgrading MM should not have deleted the list's htdig
related stuff.

Upgrading MM versions does not normally require blow_away_htdig be run and
per list htdig conf files and search indexes etc should carry forward
unchanged. My test installation goes from 2.0.13 to 2.1b3 without any
problems of this sort.

The use of blow_away_htdig is only mandated in circumstances described in
$build/INSTALL.htdig-mailman, when the Mailman archive path has been
changed or when changes are made in some of MM's htdig related
configuration variables.

> > The per list htdig directory and the htdig conf file in it are created
> when
> > the first message is sent to a list after:

Maybe I should have said "... the first message is sent to a list after
either of the following:"