[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1b3 + Htdig

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 13:22:54 CEST 2002

At 20:30 17/08/2002 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>Is the configuration of htdig intergration for 2.1b3 any different than
>2.0.x ?

Not as far as Mailman config variables are concerned.

>I have done that but on test I get an error:
>
>beastie% sudo ./nightly_htdig -v
>Skipping htdig for list; no htdig setup: freebsd-geeks

Check whether the directory $prefix/archives/private/<listname>/htdig
exists and if so whether there is a file called <listname>.conf in it.

The per list htdig directory and the htdig conf file in it are created when
the first message is sent to a list after:

1. mailman-htdig integration is installed and the archiving for the list is
turned on.

2. after blow_away_htdig has been run in the case of archived list where
mailman-htdig integration is installed.

No message then no htdig setup for the list and hence nothing for
nightly_htdig to do.

As an aside, are you running nightly htdig as root user or the mailman
user? If as root then why? Not that this should make any difference to the
query you've raised.