[Mailman-Users] Add Security Features in PHP

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Aug 15 20:16:11 CEST 2002

* Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang at boeing.com> [20020815 20:14]: wrote:
> Hi Wash,
>
> I am sorry that I didn't make it clear.  I have a web collaboration tool
> that is using the Mailman for the mailing list service.  Every user is
> required to log in in order to use the collaboration tool.  The security
> checking that I was talking about is to check user's person status against
> Boeing's internal database.  All this security/log in checking is written in
> php.  What I am saying is that I don't want any users access Mailman pages
> unless he/she is logged in.  I don't know really know how to program in
> Python yet.
>
> Is there anyway that I can interface Mailman with PHP code?

Hi Mary ,

Any chance that you can use a .htaccess on the mailman pages - that ht.access
authentication against Boeing's Internal DB?? Apache has got something called
mod_auth_* modules you can use with your Db, for example you can look at this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_auth_dbm.html

as a start

just my US$ 0.02 ;-)