[Mailman-Users] Welcome message has too many blank lines

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Aug 14 22:00:12 CEST 2002

At 0:31 -0400 8/14/2002, Woodie Sayles wrote:
>I added a message to be prepended to the welcome message. It does that just
>fine, but although the message only has 1 blank line in between paragraphs,
>there are 3 blank lines in between each paragraph when it gets received.
>
>I only saw one other posting about this in the archives, but there was no
>answer as to what could be causing it.

You seemingly posted this from a Windows machine

Is it possible you let the DOS line endings sneak into the Mailman files
(and that Mailman carefully expands each single line ending into two of the
on-the-wire email line endings)?

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA