[Mailman-Users] Reply-To in 2.1b3 changed

Peter Bengtson peter.bengtson at musikelit.nu
Wed Aug 14 13:22:43 CEST 2002

Tom Whiting wrote:

> This is something that was enabled by you.
> To change that, go through the config pages of your individual list, and find
> out how to change it back to what it should be.
> By default, mailman sets the reply to the USER that posted the mail. Anyhing
> other than that is a result of an administrative error.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the
question. I'm not a naïve user: the list has always been set up to
direct the reply to the _list_, not the posting user. (The discussion
whether that is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing is beside the pointm, but
there are some good pointers in Mailman itself, and also in the
documentation should you want to read more about it.) In this case, it
is what we need - it is not an administrative error. It is not the
problem, which is the following:

Prior to 2.1b3, the Reply-To (as well as the To header) looked like this: