[Mailman-Users] status=bounced (cannot append message to destination file /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test: cannot create file exclusively: Permission denied)

Carsten Skov carsten at wod.dk
Wed Aug 14 09:08:07 CEST 2002

Hello,
I have tried installing mailman on my server (Mandrake 8.1) both as an rpm (version 2.0.7, 2.0.10)  and from source ( 2.0.12 ), and everything seems fine.
The check_perms scripts says everything is okay. I can view, edit aso on the webpages.
But when I send a message to a mailing list ( in this case the test mailinglist) I get the following error on all three installation types:
status=bounced (cannot append message to destination file /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test: cannot create file exclusively: Permission denied)

Anyone who could figure out what that is caused by ?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards
Carsten Skov