[Mailman-Users] Can I pay for Technical support? re: MailMan?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Aug 13 17:22:37 CEST 2002

On 8/13/02 6:17 AM, "Dave Basener" <dbasener at aurora.edu> wrote:

> To risk sliding into an OT area, it is not unreasonable for someone to
> offer to pay for support for an open source product.

Just as an aside....

This was a message that went into the mailman-users hold queue. As keeper of
the queue, I approved it onto the list.

Why? Because while there are no formal tech support options for mailman,
there ARE a number of people on this list who can and do consulting on
mailman. So all of you telling us support doesn't exist? You're wrong, and I
wish you'd be quiet. There are people on this list who might be interested
and willing to take on the job (that's the OTHER side of open source. There
may not be a tech support crew, but there's usually a guy who'll contract on
a case by case basis), and I wish you all would be a little slower at trying
to define reality here. Especially since you're wrong.

Chuq

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam my clothes down here, will you?