[Mailman-Users] all mail to lists generates 550 user not found error

tek tek at linuxdojo.net
Tue Aug 13 11:14:59 CEST 2002

I am missing something here and would totally appreciate anything anyone
could
point out that i am obviously not seeing or flat out doing incorrectly.

I cannot reply to the confirmation emails coming from my installation of
Mailman or send mail into to any of my "test" lists. I/everyone get an
error 550: user not found

everything else is however finally working.
here is the configuration im running

-- everything is running over SSL connections --
I have Mailman 2.0.9 running on Postfix-20010228-pl08.
Linux with Apache 1.3.23 w/OpenSSL 0.9.6c

I have multiple virtual domains,(web and mail) all working and are using
a /etc/postfix/virtual table.
I also have an alias file that is working for postfix taking care of
mapping virtual users to local and nonlocal users.

when i create a test list called foobar i add the following to my working
/etc/postfix/aliases