[Mailman-Users] Trying to get mailman to play well with Postfix virtual domains

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg at outblaze.com
Tue Aug 13 05:52:25 CEST 2002

Hi, I have setup a a mailman (2.1b3) system alongwith with Postfix 1.1.11

The postfix box is configured as follows

myhostname = mail.dom1.ain
mydomain = dom1.ain
myorigin = $myhostname

mailman 2.1b3 was setup by default with URLHOST and EMAILHOST =
mail1.dom1.ain

I then set up a postfix virtual domain

in Mailman/mm_cfg.py

add_virtualhost('mail2.dom1.ain','mail2.dom1.ain')
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['mail2.dom1.ain']

in /etc/postfix/virtual

mail2.dom1.ain IGNORE
postmaster at mail2.dom1.ain root at localhost

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
               hash:/usr/local/site/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

Then I tried to create a list 'test at mail2.dom1.ain' via bin/newlist

bin/newlist -q test at mail2.dom1.ain root at localhost foobar

This creates entries in data/virtual-mailman as well as data/aliases
Thus, it seems like I can't create the same list in 2 virtual domains

Then I tried to add a member via add_members

echo 'postmaster at outblaze.com' | bin/add_members -r -
test at mail2.dom1.ain

however, Mailman complained that there is no such list
test at mail2.dom1.ain. The following works though

echo 'postmaster at outblaze.com' | bin/add_members -r - test

Is there something I might have missed

Regards, Yusuf