[Mailman-Users] Wishlist Items

Rajesh Patel atmadude at ftml.net
Sat Aug 10 00:34:12 CEST 2002

Dear Sir

I hope this is going to the right place. I would like to request the following two features:

(1) On subscription, the email sent out requires the user to ACTIVATE the mailing request before they actually get added to the list. This is to address an issue where people are sometimes registered without their consent!

(2) A feature that allows a user to register someone else (a friend) with an Introduction ADDED to the subscription email that is sent. So I could subscribe a friend and add a personal messge so they know I sent this to them ...

Last of all I have a general question which I do not see addressed in the FAQ - how is a request like this handled and is there any feedback so I can tell if this request is going anywhere anytime soon?

Kind regards

Rajesh.