[Mailman-Users] Slow to send emails

postnet at dragas.dyndns.org postnet at dragas.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 11 01:13:42 CEST 2002

Hello everybody. I've got a Debian Woody stable working with postfix and
that used to manage mailing lists with smartlist without any trouble. It
all was fast and reliable. Now I've decided to install Mailman, because
of its wonderful web interface and its options, but I've got a trouble.
Any mail sent to the list takes a lot of time (one minute or more) to be
sent to the others. I mean...I've tried creating a mailing list with 3
subscribers. I send the message and nothing happens. After one minute
(more or less) the system starts processing it and sending. When a user
subscribe, for example, the confirmation is sent immediately. The other
emails are slow. I've read in the faq that this can be a problem of my
postfix configuration, but...I can't find how to fix it, expecially
because my postfix is running fine (even with smartlist). What can I do?
Any suggestion? Thanks a lot.

P.S.: Is there any way to show the web interface in Italian?

Stefano