[Mailman-Users] How to debug mailman problems?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Aug 8 08:17:02 CEST 2002

On 8/7/02 11:01 PM, "Tom Limoncelli" <tal at whatexit.org> wrote:

> The files in the "public" directory are symbolic links to the actual
> files in "private".  The links are not relative links.  Previously
> mailman was installed at /opt/mailman-$VERSION but since the upgrade
> process doesn't work that way, my newer installation had been
> /opt/mailman instead (and I moved things around to maintain the old
> archives).  However, ~mailman/public still included symbolic links
> pointing to /opt/mailman-$VERSION.  When I deleted
> /opt/mailman-$VERSION (that release wasn't used anymore) the system
> stopped working.
>
> I don't know what to suggest to improve things.

I believe if you fun ~mailman/bin/move_list, it fixes those things. It's
supposed to be run on any list that's relocated or moved from system to
system to re-tweak all of the pointers...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet.