[Mailman-Users] Looping authentication in private archive...

Eric D Nielsen nielsene at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 7 19:07:52 CEST 2002

This appears to be commonly reported in the archive without any replies..

Everything works on my installation, except access to private archives.
List admin access to the admin pages works.  Public archives work.

Private archives continually ask for authentication and on successful
authentication displays the list archive index.  selecting any link brings you
back to the authentication page, and returns you to the index.  Never
letting you access the private archive.

I've tried with Mozilla, Netscape, MSIE.  I've tried starting a new browser
in case the admin cookie was confusing it.

I'm not seeing anything in the logs.

Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?
Eric