[Mailman-Users] help again: qmail not working with mailman

Marcelo Assis sema.marcelo at telemigcelular.com.br
Tue Aug 6 22:04:22 CEST 2002

My friend sent this:

Thanks a lot for those who helped on the Apache problem!! :-)

It worked, allthough there's another glitch now. I cannot seem to get
qmail to integrate with mailman. I followed the README.Qmail in the
root dir, but it does not work out. Could you please post again to
this mailing list?

We're running qmail 1.03, I've added the list domain
(lists.domain.tld) to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains and to
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts as well.

The script qmail-to-mailman.py is in the Mailman home dir, is set
executable, python works, and the file .qmail-default points to it.

If I try to mail to a newly added lists a subscribe request, I get
back this error:

> Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
> it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local.
(#5.4.6)

It is in the virtualdomains filel, as per the README.Qmail!

Thanks!!

Tschüß,
 Johannes                            mailto:j.posel at lordaeron.in-berlin.de