[Mailman-Users] unsubscribing without password?

Support Desk cprg at cprg.net
Sat Aug 3 13:59:51 CEST 2002

The password requirement is for subscriber protection, both, against getting
subscribed unwillingly, and getting dropped inadvertently. Mailman, by
default,
automatically sends the password every month, so users are constantly
reminded
of password. If you "add" everyone, say, on the 25th of a month, then, on
the 1st
day of subsequent months, they receive their reminder. Those who **really**
don't want to be on the list will make the effort to follow the unsubscribe
instructions. If you include the links to "list info" and unsubscribe
instructions
in the header or footer of every message, they should be able to leave and
change by simple steps.
SD