[Mailman-Users] Long delay for qrunner ?

Bueschel, Eric W RWBAHC DIN-PACS Eric.Bueschel at CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Fri Apr 26 23:05:03 CEST 2002

Ok, I am also seeing that problem, below is an excerpt from the faq.  I am
using sendmail for my MTA, how would I turn this off on my box? I looked in
README.SENDMAIL and it didn't address it.
Eric

Q. I'm getting really terrible performance for outgoing messages. It seems
that if the MTA has trouble resolving DNS for any recipients, qrunner just
gets really slow clearing the queue. Any ideas?
A. What's likely happening is that your MTA is doing DNS resolution on
recipients for messages delivered locally (i.e. from Mailman to your MTA via
SMTPDirect.py). This is a Bad Thing. You need to turn off synchronous DNS
resolution for messages originating from the local host.

In Exim, the value to edit is receiver_verify_hosts. See README.EXIM for
details. Other MTAs have (of course) different parameters and defaults that
control this. First check the README file for your MTA and then consult your
MTA's own documentation.