[Mailman-Users] Could not acquire qrunner lock error

Harold Paulson haroldp at sierraweb.com
Thu Apr 25 22:51:02 CEST 2002

Michael,

You should not remove locks unless you are sure they do not belong to
any running processes.  The files should have PIDs attached to their
names, so it's not hard to tell.  One tactic might be to comment out
Mailman's crontab stuff, disable web access for a sec, and then if
there are no python processes running, remove the locks.  I would
imagine you could corrupt something if you deleted an active lock.

Attached is a little Perl script that might help....or it might catch
your box on fire and give you warts.  Read the comments and make sure
they are true on your OS before running.

	- H

--

Harold Paulson                  Sierra Web Design
haroldp at sierraweb.com           http://www.sierraweb.com